Request for reopening of the procedure
Regarding the request to reopen the procedure, the Supreme Court may:
- Reject the application when it finds that there is no legal basis for the reopening of the procedure;
- Uphold the request for reopening of the procedure and refer the case back for retrial and re-adjudication.
Request for extraordinary mitigation of punishment
Regarding the request for extraordinary mitigation of punishment, the Supreme Court may:
- Reject the request if it finds that there are no legal grounds for an extraordinary mitigation of punishment.
- Uphold the request and modify the final ruling in respect of the decision on punishment.
Request for Protection of Legality
Regarding the request for Protection of Legality, the Supreme Court may:
- Modify the final decision;
- Annul in whole or in part the decision of both the Basic Court and the Court of Appeal and return the case for re-adjudication or retrial to the Basic Court or the Court of Appeal;
- Confine itself only to establishing the existence of a violation of law.
Appeal against the Supreme Court decisions
The decisions of the Supreme Court of Kosovo are final, therefore no legal remedy is permissible against, whether regular or extraordinary.